Saturday, March 10, 2012

Should I refund a purchase on eBay for a droid smartphone that the seller claims arrived damaged?

The phone was working properly before I shipped it out, but the buyer claims the phone displays a black code corrupt screen and won't proceed with the boot. I have a feeling this is a failed flash attempt from the buyer, because he said so himself that those were his intentions? What I should I do, what can I do other than refund the money?Should I refund a purchase on eBay for a droid smartphone that the seller claims arrived damaged?
I mean, If they send the phone back and you refund the money; You're not losing any money on the deal

Just resell the phone.

It's possible that it DID get damaged during shipping, But neither of you will ever really know.

The only negative aspect is that the buyer will leave you bad feedback if you don't send them a refund.

Would you rather have positive feedback or the money?Should I refund a purchase on eBay for a droid smartphone that the seller claims arrived damaged?
What is your policy on your Ebay seller page? Stick to whatever your stated policy is on your selling page, in your listing and apologize for any inconvenience. Be professional no matter what. Your feelings or suspicions about the buyer's intentions have nothing to do with the transaction.Should I refund a purchase on eBay for a droid smartphone that the seller claims arrived damaged?
Don't do anything

F*ck the buyer
Start the refund process and make sure that the phone you sent the buyer, is the phone that gets returned. Hopefully you kept copies of any serial, ESN, IMEI numbers that phone has, so you can pass that all to eBay and have the buyer send copies (photo or scan to you as well to match them up, if they don't match, pass this along to eBay as well).



I always take high res photos of the inside INFO tags of any electronics I buy, sell, return, and send copies with the device, so there is no question about what I send to a seller/buyer. A hassle? Maybe, but I know far to many people that send phones and other devices, via eBay or other services that were reported broken not working, only to be sent back phones that were in fact not working or broken, but were not the phone/device that was sent to the buyer often not even the same color. So just be aware that scammers are out there and you need to do what you can to protect yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment