Saturday, March 10, 2012

How do I find out which programs are using up the most of my battery on my smartphone?

I have a Tmo Mytouch and I swear, every night the battery completely drains (even tho it was fully charged) if left off the charger.



How do I figure out what is draining the battery?How do I find out which programs are using up the most of my battery on my smartphone?
Bag's instructions are on the mark, but you need to learn something about these phones.



The battery life on smartphones always sucks. All brands, all carriers, whatever. Smartphones do a lot more than just make calls or text. Every function uses and drains the battery.



You can make the battery last by turning stuff off you don't use all the time (Bluetooth, GPS, wireless, etc).



Lower the brightness on the screen. You will be surprised how bright it looks indoors, even with the brightness nearly all the way down.



If you're going to be away from the phone for a while, flip on airplane mode, especially if you're indoors. Smartphones use a lot of battery seeking a signal. If you have your phone indoors where signals are hard to keep, or, like me, you have to lock your phone up before entering your work area (high security), airplane mode will stop those signal beacons, and your batter will last a LOT longer (your call and texts will be waiting for you when you go live again).



Finally, about every thirty charges, drain the battery completely (until the phone shuts off) then recharge it overnight. This will recalibrate the battery and it will last longer.



An extra battery is a good idea (buy a real HTC battery, not a third-party one...trust me). You can get chargers with battery chambers that will charge the phone and an extra battery. Not expensive at all...I bought them for my wife and daughter after I got them their MT3Gs.How do I find out which programs are using up the most of my battery on my smartphone?
As i remember it the mytouch is an android phone? (start ignoring me here if it aint)



Anyway, with android checking the battery usage of apps is easy, just head to your home screen, press menu and open settings.

Scroll down to "About Phone" and select it.

Then select "Battery use"



And hopefully you should be presented with a list of the apps that are sucking up the majority of your battery (its often wifi if you leave that on when your out of range of any known hotspots)



Anyways, hope that helped

No comments:

Post a Comment