Sunday, March 4, 2012

How do you sell a smartphone online?

I have a T-mobile ready samsung behold 2 and I want to sell it. What I need to know is what I have to do to get it ready to be sold. Like what files do I have to delete and do I have to reset it.... Also is my phone only able to be used by a T-mobile customer? If you have any suggestions as to what sites to use for selling other than ebay and craigslist that would be great too! Thanks for your help!How do you sell a smartphone online?
"What files do I have to delete and do I have to reset it?"



You should definitely perform a factory reset on your phone when you sell it. This should return your phone to its original state, erasing any personal data that might be there. For your phone, here is how you do that.



1. From the main home screen, tap Quick List

2. Tap Settings, then Reset settings

3. Tap Master reset

4. Enter your password, then tap Yes to confirm



"Is my phone only able to be used by a T-mobile customer?"



The quick easy answer is yes. The harder answer is not really. If you or someone else goes through the process of "unlocking" it, the phone can be used on any carrier that uses GSM wireless technology. In the US this excludes major carriers Verizon and Sprint as they use CDMA wireless technology. T-Mobile and AT%26amp;T are just a couple of of GSM carriers.



"Any suggestions as to what sites to use for selling other that ebay and craigslist?



I personally like http://www.listfisher.com. It lets you put a ton of big pictures on there. You can even embed youtube videos directly into your ad. This site is relatively new I think as there aren't many ads in my area, but I like it. I like to put an ad on craigslist for the traffic with a link to the listfisher ad for the photos/video. It works good for me anyway.



Good Luck!How do you sell a smartphone online?
Hi.In order to erase everything off the phone you would perform a reset.Not just a master reset,but a whole hard rest to wipe out everything in the phone. Your phone can be used on another GSM network like AT%26amp;T.However to use on another network the phone would need to be unlocked. You can mention in your ad that the phone can work on another GSM network,but they'll need to unlock it themselves to do it. You can sell the phone on amazon or ubid web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment