Saturday, March 10, 2012

How do I place a placemark on google maps with a smartphone?

I've created a map on Google Maps. I can place placemarks using my computer, and can then view this on my blackberry.

What I can't do is place placemarks on my blackberry and then save them to the computer.

I need to do this to record specific locations to teh map, usign the blackberry GPS feature.

Any ideas how to do this using Google Mpas or anything else much apprecaited.How do I place a placemark on google maps with a smartphone?
first of all you shouldn't confuse Google Earth with Google Maps. Generally, Google Maps refers to the online service, while Google Earth is the program you download and which offers many more features, besides viewing maps and satellite images.



Your Google Maps data are stored online in your Google account. For that you have to be logged into Google, while editing your maps.



Your Google Earth data are stored on your computer. You should find them under C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Google\GoogleEarth. The file you're looking for is called myplaces.kml. This is the default path and file name, it could differ slightly on your machine.



Backup the .kml file and you should be fine.How do I place a placemark on google maps with a smartphone?
Hi,



I have the same query, if you got a solution, please let me know. In my opinion blackberry is seriously screwing up big time...loosing the mobile superpower battle.



But yeah, need to get this enabled some how, will make my job so much easier!

Cheers.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment